03 YZ450F clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • DoJetpilot

Posted April 04, 2004 - 02:21 PM

Whats the deal with my clutch. I can"t seem get a good shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 1st. It seems to either get stuck in nuetral or does not feel like solid shift experiance. I have been told in the past that there was a factory mod/fix for the 03 clutch. Anybody know about this. Has anybody put an aftermarket clutch in the 03 yz450 and if so what did you put in, what changes did you see, and how much did it cost. Also, what other mods to the 03 YZ450 would be suggested???? :) Russbane@yahoo.com

• aford541

Posted April 04, 2004 - 03:21 PM

Yes, I owned a 03 YZ 450 and completed the fix that I found here on thumpertalk, the fix was only temporary and the clutch ultimately began to drag which may be what you are experiencing. I installed a complete hinson clutch in the bike which of course was awesome, I think the reason for the clutch problem is that there are only about 8 holes in the inner basket to lubricate the clutch plates while the 02 426 had around 24, someone could drill the holes in the inner drum and it would probably fix it for good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bkklett

Posted October 19, 2007 - 11:30 AM

aford- Did you have a humming noise in your clutch when starting form a dead stop? My 03 is doing that.
Thanks

• SoundChaser

Posted October 19, 2007 - 01:36 PM

aford- Did you have a humming noise in your clutch when starting form a dead stop? My 03 is doing that.
Thanks

You really need to perform the search, say something like 03 YZ 450, and there are many threads that include the part numbers that will fix your problem.
Easy to install and once you do, your problems will go away.:crazy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.