Clymer Repair Manual vs Yamaha?

4 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted April 04, 2004 - 05:03 AM

OK so I think it's probably safe to say that the Yamaha manual is going to be more complete than anyone else. However, it's also 35$ more and I really wonder if it's worth it. I really just want a manual that can explain thngs such as jetting/timming/suspension tunning/ and then teardown and assebly of the motor and drivetrain. Does the Clymer manual not provide all this info, and if it does then why is the Yamaha one worth the extra coin?

• wrooster

Posted April 05, 2004 - 02:03 AM

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted April 05, 2004 - 02:19 AM

I am not familiar with the Clymer manual for the YZ/WR 400, but in general, every one I have owned for any othe bike has had errors in it. Some small, some not so small.

I think the factory manual is worth at least double of what the Clymer sells for.

• RichBaker

Posted April 05, 2004 - 08:27 AM

Every Clymer manual I've ever use wasn't worth diddley squat.....Factory manual or Haynes are the best.

• kirkw

Posted April 06, 2004 - 08:00 AM

I have both. I end up using both too, as most times one is better, either pictures or technical infomation, than the other. They are both less than perfect. I would save the $35 if it were me and go with a clymer.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.