Jetting question for 04 WR 450 in Ut 5000ft +

4 replies to this topic
  • RNH

Posted April 03, 2004 - 06:58 PM

Have YZ throttle stop, Air Box gutted, gray wire cut and GYTR exhaust insert. Does anybody have good jetting spec for Utah 5000ft and above.

Thanks

• jerryls

Posted April 03, 2004 - 09:52 PM

This is a good start:
http://www.thumperta...rue#Post1025909

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rohar

Posted April 04, 2004 - 09:56 AM

With my 03 with the same set up as yours, I went to a 155MJ and stock PJ and PAJ. I also dropped the clip one position. I used the JD Jetting guide to dial this in. Bascally, this was what I would call a "reasonable" jetting setup. The motor ran good through all throttle ranges and didn't do anything bad or unpredicatable. Likely you will find that the pilot circuit's a bit lean unless the fuel screw is 3-3/12 turns out.

I recently switched to the JD Jetting kit and saw a huge difference in the performance of the bike. Much more responsive and snappy. :)

• tigerowner_ut

Posted April 06, 2004 - 01:27 PM

Have YZ throttle stop, Air Box gutted, gray wire cut and GYTR exhaust insert. Does anybody have good jetting spec for Utah 5000ft and above.

Thanks

I have the JD jetting kit installed with the 6000 foot setup. Works great. The only thing I would try that is different from the instructions would be to raise the needle one position for the lower altitudes but I have not tried it yet. In the hills mine is perfect but it is a tuch lean in the desert.

• RNH

Posted April 10, 2004 - 09:16 AM

sounds like the JD jetting kit is the way to go.
Thanks everybody

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.