which helmet cam

6 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted April 26, 2002 - 01:14 AM

We're finally getting a video camera which means I can kidnap it when my wife isn't looking and hook up a helmet cam. :) Are there any recommendations or experiences for which models works well, or which models don't work so well? All advice welcome.

• rvanliere

Posted April 26, 2002 - 02:06 AM

• MOmilkman

Posted April 26, 2002 - 02:46 AM

Think eveyone on here would endorse the helmetcamera.com cam.

The only drawback to all avialable helmet cams on the market today?
I think they are troublesome to set up for a ride. Lots of wires to run, camcorder protection, mounting on helmet, etc, etc...

[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted April 26, 2002 - 06:01 AM

A friend of mine just bought one of these. Other than camcorder problems it seems to work great. We are in the process of getting another camcorder.

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 26, 2002 - 06:13 AM

How do the camcorders hold up after riding on a bike? I think I'm going to spring for the extended warranty plan on the one that I get. :)

• MOmilkman

Posted April 26, 2002 - 08:33 AM

My camcorder held up fine.
I bought it brand new and I was very skeptical about throwing it around in a fanny pack exposed to rock and mud roost. So I bought a bagel container and some soft foam, cut a slit in the top for the cords and put it all in a x-large fanny pack. It was a real hassle to put it all together but at least i knew it was safe from damage.

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 26, 2002 - 08:41 AM

I am in the midst of setting up my JVC805 DV to a small Netcam.

Have not had a real chance to get deeper then a schematic and buying parts, but all in all it should cost me about $1100 counting the initial cost of the camara 1k

I wil post it when I am done

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.