'98 Carb vs '99 ? (Wr400)

2 replies to this topic
  • Squidward

Posted April 03, 2004 - 01:19 AM

Hey guys. Looking for a replacement carb for my DrzS, I know the 99 Wr400's carb will work, not sure about the 98 model. So does anybody know if there are any differences in the carbs? Both are 39mm Keihin FCR's, but were there... any differences? :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 03, 2004 - 02:15 AM

As far as I know, the 98/99' body's ARE COMPLETELY IDENTICAL. Just the jetting was changed...in fact Yamaha changed the jetting EVERY YEAR to try and get max performance. This was ALL based on the NEEDLE JET.

Note, the jetting ABSOLUTELY SUCKS on this year of carb.

Get yourself a JD jet kit @ shop TT. Even though I am a "moderator", I would never endorse ANYTHING that is a waste of your money.

And, there is no such things as kickbacks ($$$) here. I have this kit myself.

I would also perform the Taffy Mod to the accelerator pump. Without it, you could end up like Dougie Henry when his YZF stumbled at the takeoff of the jump. Doug broke BOTH his arms.

• txmxracer

Posted April 03, 2004 - 03:36 AM

I have a 98 wr carb for sale.PM me if interested---shane

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.