SDG seat

18 replies to this topic
  • WR_in_SoCal

Posted May 17, 2001 - 02:34 PM

Well the 3rd "it will be in two weeks" has past again and no seat. Has anyone recieved one yet or have any word on this yet to be seen seat......Thanks

• imported_Scott_H

Posted May 17, 2001 - 08:36 PM

SDG told me today that they start shipping YZF seats already on order starting tomorrow. I've had mine on order since Nov-Dec of last year. I'll let you know when it shows up...

Scott

[This message has been edited by scott h (edited 05-17-2001).]

• imported_Scott_H

Posted May 23, 2001 - 06:49 PM

My seat came in today. It looks good. Workmanship looks to be very high quality even though it was manufactured in China (maybe just the base is molded there). All staples are flush/flat, nicely spaced and lined up. The hardware is good quality. They used a stud/nylock nut arrangement to secure the two rear mounting tabs rather than the threaded insert/bolt setup the OEM seat uses. It may be slightly softer than the factory foam, but its tough for me to tell since I'm currently running soft FX foam in my YZ seat (the SDG is firmer than my FX foam). The cover is made up of a gripper style material across the top panel and a less tacky textured material around the sides. All material and stitching is black and nicely pieced together. There are two somewhat subdued (not obnoxious) SDG logos molded into forward and aft portions of the top panel of the cover. Best of all it is at least 1.5 pounds lighter than the factory seat (as advertised). The price is right too - $89 for the complete unit.

• 2-DADS_RACING

Posted May 27, 2001 - 05:32 PM

I HAVE THE SDG SEATS IN STOCK!!!!!

PRICE $89.00 PLUS SHIPPING

THANKS MARK

------------------
2-DADS RACING
TOLL FREE 866-782-4600
OUTSIDE USA 818-782-4600

• Bill

Posted May 27, 2001 - 05:35 PM

What color is the seat cover?

Thanks
Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• mikeolichney

Posted May 28, 2001 - 05:18 PM

You can have any color as long as it's black.

Posted May 29, 2001 - 08:49 PM

I got mine today. Everything looked good but, it has a few wrinkles in the seat. I hope they come out in the sun. I had to tweak the rear mounts to get them to fit but that was it. All in all I cant complain, with this seat I have completed my transformation....a 2001 WR/YZ 426.

------------------
2001 WR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Throttle Stop Trimmed

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 30, 2001 - 12:38 AM

You now have, what we call, a WZ!

------------------
'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• BruceWA

Posted May 30, 2001 - 09:24 PM

Why not call it a YR??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 30, 2001 - 11:39 AM

I do like YR, but since my bike is predominantly a WR, w/ only cosmetic changes: tank/seat, and de-smogged: octopus, I'll stick with WZ.

why-are is easier to say, though...

I'll think about it and get back to you next Tuesday... :)

------------------
'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted May 30, 2001 - 11:45 AM

Kevin will get back to you on Tuesday only if you give him a hamburger today :)

Brian

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 30, 2001 - 01:51 PM

Exactly Brian, Exactly!!

Posted May 30, 2001 - 08:47 PM

Actually after I saw Kevins post I decided to modify mine to a YR. Rode it for the first time today and I cant believe the difference, seems lighter, easier to steer, and turns on a dime. I regret that I did all my mods at once instead of telling them apart one by one but man I LOVE my new bike. It is exactly like my friends YZ426 except I have a different tranny (the difference being in the woods of course), so I think I'll stick with mine being called a YR....unless I catch to much grief of course. :)

------------------
2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 31, 2001 - 04:22 AM

You know, at the time I did my swap to the YZ stuff, no one else seemed to be doing it. I placed an ad looking for the tank in Cycle News and received one response from a guy up in ND. He wanted $200 for his tank...RIGHT, DUDE, THE CASH IS ON IT'S WAY!!

I ran into a Father/Son at a local shop. Talking bikes, I told him what I wanted. The kid thought the neighbor had a YZ that was running the IMS tank. Gave the kid my number. Next day, got the call from the YZ guy (his bike is now a WZ :D). Turns out he had two tanks! Grabbed them both and then kinda had a hard time dumping the tank. Bill snagged it up after I couldn't hold onto it any longer for Jason in OZ (my OZ trip fell through). Now Bill is as happy as me, AND the rest of us that went to the teeny-tiny YZ tank.
It really DOES make a huge difference, if you can deal with the capacity and range.
You are very welcome, Officer. It is my absolute pleasure to spread the word of WZ-ism or is it YR-ism...??? :)

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited 05-31-2001).]

Posted May 31, 2001 - 09:23 PM

Kevin, I noticed your "officer" response and I'll have to hand it to you...I've been using 696 for 3 years now on different forums and posting my profile the same way. Your the first person to pick up on it. :)

------------------
2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 31, 2001 - 11:56 AM

The Navy taught me to be observant, as does my present job :).

Posted May 31, 2001 - 08:12 PM

Well to be perfectly honest its actually Trooper....but hey, you were close enough. :) Are you allowed to reveal your present job?

------------------

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 01, 2001 - 12:47 AM

Troop,
At present, Nuclear Systems Operator in the Operations Dept at Seabrook Nuclear Power Station here in NH.

Found out on Tuesday I will be going back (permanently)to my temporary position in Building Maintenance. I am to be groomed for a management position. My (temp) bosses were impressed with my leadership qualities and technical knowledge of the plant! This is a great thing and I am pretty happy! :)
Now I can get my coffee cup and walk around all day bitching for the lazy bastards to do something...so I can get ALL the credit!! :D

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited 06-01-2001).]

Posted June 01, 2001 - 06:53 PM

Kev: Just saw your "You Choose" in the How Old question I asked......very nice touch :-)

------------------

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.