suspension decision.. last post for today...i swear

2 replies to this topic
  • jazzeyb

Posted April 01, 2004 - 06:33 PM

Ok.. I swear this is my last post for today.. really...
(Can you tell I'm a little over-stoked about my 650L ? !!)
My primary use as I have stated in earlier posts is road..
The stock suspension feels good, and believe it or not, I do like the height... or at least I am used to it and don't mind it....
What is the first thing I should do as far as the suspension is concerned?
Please.... Anybody?
Mucho thanx......
JaZz

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RidesRed

Posted April 01, 2004 - 07:35 PM

Springs. Call a reputable suspension company ( I went to race tech) and get the proper springs for your weight, riding style, terrain etc. Made a HUGE difference in my xr650r. While your at it, replace the Honda factory whale-snot with a top quality fork oil. I use Amsoil "shock therapy" suspension fluid in my forks and I love the stuff. My bike feels firm, yet plush. No more "squishy" suspension. The smoothness has INCREASED as have bottoming resistance and control. Its something you have to experience to believe.

• RidesRed

Posted April 01, 2004 - 07:41 PM

by the way, excessive posting is a good thing...provided they are good posts. See, I just upped my post count again. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.