AnyBody from South Dakota ?

7 replies to this topic
  • rvanliere

Posted April 23, 2002 - 06:20 PM

Let me know if you are from South Dakota and where from .

• Dodger

Posted April 24, 2002 - 07:27 AM

Born and raised in Sioux Falls, 20 years. But got my first hole shot, and was lucky enough to escape :) :D !!

You're pretty close to S.F., know anyone from there??

Later;

Dodger :D :D

• rvanliere

Posted April 24, 2002 - 08:23 AM

Yep, I'm about 25 miles northwest of Sioux Falls . I used to be the Service manager at Graham Tire ( Goodyear ) on 41st and Western . Next to the Western Mall. About 1 1/2 years ago. worked there for about 6 years . now i'm back in the small town of Colton working in my Dads Automotive shop hoping to take over when he retires ( I have alot more time now for My Kids ) And Dirtbikes ( ever ride at Saddleback ? ) . On a side note , I thought this was pretty cool , We Just had three Giant Army Helicopters fly over my house with the President Of the United States in one of them. Hes going to Wentworth to a new Ethonal Plant they have put up . Very Intimidating Helicopters .

• Dodger

Posted April 24, 2002 - 08:58 AM

Wow, that's crazy that you worked at the Goodyear shop. My father knows the owner very very well (I believe his name is Randy), I've been in there for tires my whole life pratically. :)

You know, I didn't get into dirt bikes until after college up at the U of M, that was about 10 years ago. So, never had a chance to ride saddleaback, though hear good things about it. Got a very good friend of mine, (who is a paraplegic)who rides his '85 Honda Pilot out there quite a bit. He says it's a blast. Check out this photo, it's a pic of my buddy Eric in his Pilot, and myself ontop of Mt Bross, 14,172ft. My WR426 was in the shop that week, so I got to ride my buddys TT125 up there :D ! Ok, so I had to literally push it up a few steep sections once we were over 13K, but was still a blast.
Posted Image

Later Dude;

Dodger :D :D

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: Dodger ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SD900

Posted April 24, 2002 - 11:11 AM

sent you a PM

• Deadeye

Posted April 24, 2002 - 11:13 AM

I am from SD but clear across the state for you, Rapid City. The Black Hills are a blast to ride in, nothing like CO I am sure but still a lot of fun.

Darrin

• 426pete

Posted April 24, 2002 - 11:42 AM

I farm with my dad about 30 miles southwest of sioux falls. I have been up to saddleback a couple times and raced the hare scrambles. Good place to ride (Y) Speaking of the president, i did happen to see Air Force One, carrying the president today while i was in sioux falls. That's one big a$$ plane.
later Pete

• rvanliere

Posted April 24, 2002 - 05:55 PM

Dodger Ive seen your buddy out at the track before . He looks like he is having a blast in that thing . really a great rider. That is a sweet picture . Almost picture perfect . I would love to ride there someday. And yes Randy Wilson was the manager of The Goodear I worked at.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.