Carb part needed

5 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted April 01, 2004 - 01:41 PM

Anyone have a float bowl drain screw in decent condition? Mine has gotten beat up as sometimes I eat to many Wheaties and as a result the head is pretty stripped and I have to use pliers. Not interested in a new carb and Yamaha does not have a part # for this. The parts guy said that the only way to get a new drain screw from Yamaha was to get a whole new carb.

Thanks.

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 01, 2004 - 02:44 PM

go to a good auto parts store, or a great hardware store that has the "Pull-Out" displays in their hardware (nut & bolt) section.

Maybe a 4 mm bolt?

• keel5

Posted April 01, 2004 - 03:23 PM

carbparts.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted April 01, 2004 - 03:33 PM

The screw has a tapered section beyond the threads, would a standard bolt work? If so it sounds like a 59 cent solution.

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 01, 2004 - 05:10 PM

Yes, do your best to match it up. You may have to search around a few hardware stores...

• trailriderjoe

Posted April 03, 2004 - 01:38 AM

If you're talking about a bowl drain you CAN get one from Yamaha, it's part number 5BE-14115-00-00. Bike Bandit.com sellls it for $33.60 which is typically list. A GOOD dealership would give a crap to look it up and sell it for $20 something.

If you can get a reasonable facsimile to work for less do it, but if not, you can get one from Yamaha.

Hey Pooley, ready to ride!!!!! :) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.