Zip Ty neutral cover vs pilot jet?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dan_YZF

Posted April 23, 2002 - 04:11 PM

For those who have installed the Zip Ty neutral cover....

Does it affected your idle jetting?

Mine is real too lean now, inconsistent idle and real hard to start. I used a #45 pilot before and it was perfect, so I'd switch to a #48, now starting is back to normal except when cold, but it's still too lean and idle still a bit inconsistent even with 2 1/2 turns out on air screw, now I have a #50 and #52 in order. Seem a big step to me...

Stock neutral cover retarded timing in neutral right? Now can it really affect slow jet that much

Other recent mods include;

a BMP spark arrester with all 8 disk, many told me that stock jetting is fine with 8 disk so it should'nt affect much.

A CR8EK plug instead of stock CR8E, should'nt affect

And I've also WR timed my exh. cam. just to know what it would be. Could be this last one that affect jetting. What # is a stock WR pilot jet?

Any clues, look normal to you?

• yzernie

Posted April 23, 2002 - 08:02 PM

Originally posted by Dan_YZF:
Any clues, look normal to you?

NO way. I have the neutral switch cover and the bike starts and runs just like it always has. I would have to say it is the cam timing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 24, 2002 - 03:32 AM

What is the Ty Davis neutral cover ???
What does it do?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 24, 2002 - 12:49 PM

All the plug cover does is eliminate the stock cover and do the blue wire mod for ya.

Question: Did you do the WR timing and cover mod at the same time?

If so, Im with ernie on the timing issue. Changing the cam timing will effect your jetting with out any doubt. If you did both mods at once, the cover isnt the issue.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.