have a question about oil...

1 reply to this topic
  • Shane102473

Posted April 23, 2002 - 03:47 PM

I have been using Yamalube in my bike, but sometimes it is hard for me to make it to the Yamaha shop to buy the oil.
I know that I should avoid using oil that says energy conserving; however, I think it says that I shouldn't use oil that is rated CD or higher (I think it is CD, I don't have my book right now). What is higher? Is oil that says CF higher?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted April 23, 2002 - 06:01 PM

yes, CE, CF etc are 'higher' grades as such...

perhaps your dealer will cut you a better price if you buy in bulk, and then you will always have oil around to change... buy the 4 gallon drum and you will not have to visit the shop again until the '03 models are released :)

Good luck,

David

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.