update on riding and taking advice from you all

22 replies to this topic
  • dirtdad

Posted April 26, 2002 - 10:42 AM

rriiiiiight! :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 26, 2002 - 10:48 AM

Man I get no respect

• armourbl

Posted April 26, 2002 - 01:20 PM

The hole is deep Ego, but you'll climb out of it with time. They just have to get used to you.

About climbing the berm, I had a bad spill at the MX track this past weekend due to just that. I was railing -- at least it felt like railing -- this berm I had been hitting all day, but this time the front went right over the top on the exit. I was full throttle at the point prepping for the short straight to a large table top.

Well, as soon as the front went over the lip it was over for me. I went over the bars and landed on my right side. It was the hardest fall I've had yet. My kneck sling-shotted to the right and slammed my head into the ground. It rang my bell good and knocked the wind out of me. Must have at least looked bad because everyone stopped behind me and the track was plenty wide for them to pass.

My right shoulder was sore, and I had bruises worth showing off to the wife who had just left the bleachers before I fell and missed the entire incident. She really likes to rub it in when I crash. LOL

I think I tweaked my fork tubes in the clamps too, so that should be an indicator of how hard I hit as well.

Good luck on the berms. Try following someone too. Keep their pace and try to do what they do. It really helps.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.