Dimarini Bars

12 replies to this topic
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted April 22, 2002 - 10:29 AM

Well I finally bent my stock bars too much to fix. I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of Dimarini bars and like them, dislike them, or what. I have used their softball bats for years, but went to the dealership to look around and saw them hanging on the wall. I am looking for a strong set of bars that will fit on my stock clamps so it doesn't hurt the pocket book too much. Also I liked my bars after I bent them back a little, so what bend would you guys recomend. I am fair tall being 6'3", and am going to lower my pegs this week also.
Thanks

• discopete

Posted April 22, 2002 - 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Oregon Thumper:
Well I finally bent my stock bars too much to fix. I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of Dimarini bars and like them, dislike them, or what. I have used their softball bats for years, but went to the dealership to look around and saw them hanging on the wall. I am looking for a strong set of bars that will fit on my stock clamps so it doesn't hurt the pocket book too much. Also I liked my bars after I bent them back a little, so what bend would you guys recomend. I am fair tall being 6'3", and am going to lower my pegs this week also.
Thanks

I HAVE SOME DEMARINI TWINWALL BARS AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THEM. UNFORTUNATELY I BENT THEM AND NOW RUN PRO TAPERS. THE DEMARINIS ARE EXPENSIVE FOR THE PLATINUM DOUBLE WALLS. AROUND 150$$$$

• Hootna

Posted April 22, 2002 - 10:48 AM

If you are tall and want to stick with the stock 5/8" mounts you can go with the Renthal Jimmy Button bend they are about the tallest bar you can find. I personally like the flex of the Renthal Fat Bars or Pro Tapers but unfortunately you will need a whole new top triple clamp.

Personally I run Emig clamps with Tall mounts and Renthal RC bend bars. I am 6'5" and also have the tall seat foam but will be ordering the lowered footpegs soon.

• Dansgarage

Posted April 22, 2002 - 10:49 AM

I have tag t2 bars right now but I am thinking of going to the demarini (spelling?) bars. I was told that they are guaranteed for life against breaking. They won't replace them if they only bend but that doesn't stop you from taking the bike home and trying to bend them back untill they break. HAHA!

• cowboyona426

Posted April 22, 2002 - 06:37 PM

I wouldn't buy Renthals if I were you! I had a set of Rider Edition McGrath bars on my 00 426 (they were supposedly stronger than normal Renthals). First big biff on em and they pretzeled! Right now I'm running TAG X5 bars. They are thicker than standard bars but are the same OD so you don't need a new top clamp with them. They are also bigger ID on the ends for aluminum handguards. I'm very pleased with them, and they were cheaper than the Renthals I toasted! My cuz has bent three sets of Renthals as well. Go with TAG!

• rvanliere

Posted April 23, 2002 - 05:58 PM

You can buy the pro tapers without having to replace triple clamps. You just buy the universal kit which replaces your stock clamps . It also raises the bar up to for taller people. in my opinion you cannot beat the pro tapers they wont let you down . Ive never seen anybody have a problem with them personally . best for the mula. most dealers stock the Pro-Tapers for a reason . They stand behind them , you can't go wrong and also most dealers also have the Universal kit right next to the bars on the shelf. So no ordering in most cases. :)

[ April 23, 2002: Message edited by: rvanliere ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted April 23, 2002 - 08:24 PM

I've had several bikes where I ran nothing but Renthal bars and I did bend one set, but it was a bad crash. I broke a set of DeMarini Double Wall bars (std OD) in a relatively innocuous fall. I don't think there is anything wrong with the std OD Renthal bars.

As for running the universal mounts to fit Pro Tapers to the stock clamp, keep in mind that you are moving the bars up but also back (into your lap, IMO).

I'm 6'1" and if I were you OR Thumper, I'd just get the tallest Renthal bend and go with that.

My two cents.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 29, 2002 - 07:43 PM

Azonics bend if you just look at them wrong.

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted April 30, 2002 - 06:55 AM

I ended up ordering a set of Tag X-5's. They should be here today and I got them on sale for 64.00 plus 5 bucks for shipping. Hope they are as strong as you guys said. I pulled my stock ones off last night and they were bent all to heck. My crossbar pad was hiding a lot of the damage and I didn't realize how bad they were until I got them off. I can't believe I was still riding with them!

• Clod_Thrower

Posted May 02, 2002 - 07:16 PM

Got some Demarini bars on my 2000 426 when it was new. Thought they were nice bars & liked how they did not bend on small impacts. Then on Wednesday I was at the end of the whoops & the bars snapped at the clamp. I did not crash and was able to pull off the track. I hate to think what would have happened if I had been landing one of the larger jumps. Don't know about you guys but I want bars to bend & not break. I am going to call Demarini tomarrow. Even if they send me a new bar do I want to put them on?

• vznx1w

Posted May 03, 2002 - 03:27 AM

Clod Thrower

Were your Demarini bars the single or double wall type? I've had some double walls for over a year and have been very happy: both with their shock absorbtion during hard landings and bending resistance when crashing. However, I certainly don't want them to snap off suddenly.

Did you have any sharp edges on your triple clamp mounts that may have nicked the bar, creating a stress riser? Most aluminum bar companies recommend filing/grinding a bevel on the edges of the bar clamps to prevent this.

• FOX426

Posted May 03, 2002 - 03:51 AM

Demarini doublewall are excellent in my opinion and VZNX1W advice about filing clamps is right on. I have duplicated crashes with mine that in the past have bent Renthals(not on purpose)and the Ds do not bend as easily. On the other hand two crashes in the past that bent Renthals, bruised my ribs. From the impact where the the DeMarini's did'nt my rib was broken. Any correlation? I don't know but I am happy so far with them. Isn't that typical though rather break me than the bike.

• Clod_Thrower

Posted May 03, 2002 - 06:02 AM

The bars are double wall & they were put on by the dealer. I don't see any sharp edges on the clamps. The bars are some of the early production & another shop told me there was a problem with some early units.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.