Chain Buffer/ Neutral Switch Cover

2 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 21, 2002 - 05:19 PM

I have a 00 426. I read some of the posts on sliders eating the swingarm, so I decided to check mine out. I have a LITTLE bit of wear from the square pads on the underside of the slider, but nothing serious. What is the general opinion of the TM Designs chain buffer? They seem a little expensive, but $65 for a chain buffer is a lot cheaper than repairing/replacing the swingarm!!! I have heard they work good with a little automotive goop under them, but which kind of goop to use? Just a silicone sealant?
Also, has anyone installed a ZipTy Racing neutral switch cover on their 00? I do all my riding on the trails, have never had problems with fouled plugs, or any problem for that matter with my bike. Is the neutral switch cover a worthwhile investment? I'm ready for the firestorm of replies that are probably comin my way!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted April 21, 2002 - 05:31 PM

You don't need the TM designs chain slider unless your stocker is worn out. Just put some inner tube underneath and bend the rim of the washers a bit with a socket (so they hold the slider firmly).

As for the neutral switch cover, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Spend you hard earned dollars on getting your suspension revalved instead. You won't believe the difference.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 22, 2002 - 06:49 AM

If you really want to eliminate the swingarm wear under the chain slider, goop it. Just take the slider off and clean the swing arm really good with some acetone or MEK, and clean your slider off really good with the same stuff and put some automotive or marine Goop under the slider all teh way around. Your chain slap will noise will all but cease and your swing arm wont wear from the slider grinding on it. Allow the Goop to set over night. Your done.
I have the TM designs slider and its nice, but you dont need it until yours is worn out. My stocker slider was worn out so I got the TM unit. And I gooped it. It was so noisey it sounded like there were firecrackers going off down there.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.