riding place in georgia?

9 replies to this topic
  • 426thumpers

Posted April 21, 2002 - 12:24 PM

going to northern georgia in november, around the 2nd. Going to go to chatsworth, it's about 30 minutes from Tenn and 2 hrs north of Atlanta. Heard there are alot of riding trails up there. Will be there for a week, going to get married on the mountain then we want to do some riding that week too. Do you guys know where the trails are or where i can find a map?

• Bambislayer

Posted April 21, 2002 - 05:09 PM

Go to georgiaoffroad.com and follow the links on the left for ORV Trails or MX Tracks. Just depends on what you want to do.

• 426thumpers

Posted April 22, 2002 - 01:05 AM

thanks , i'll check it out

• jdyfletch

Posted April 22, 2002 - 05:02 PM

Make darn sure you go to Diamandback Motocross Pk.They might have a site,don't know. We drove from OH. last Mo., It was well worth it. They have a Supercross track as well as a kick old school motocross track. ( You have to change plans ) The trip from Ohio took 11 hours.

• Fireball

Posted April 29, 2002 - 04:25 PM

go to www.ga-mxracing.com and you can see where all our tracks are.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426fireman

Posted April 30, 2002 - 02:24 PM

426thumpers, If you can come up 1 weekend earlier you can ride Loretta lynns fall ride in Huracan mills TN. Not to much farther. They have a killer 21 mile trail. It is Oct.26,27. It ranked in the top 10 best hare scrambles in the US! They only open the hare scrambles 2 times per year. Me and the old wifeypooh will be camping there the whole weekend. I was there for the spring ride and i guessed about 200 bikes showed up. Lots of fun and family oriented......

• dsoll13

Posted April 30, 2002 - 11:25 PM

Since we are on the subject of Georgia, Do any of you know if The MX Country Club is still operating in Greenville? I haven't ridden there in a few years and I know they were having some legal trouble with the track.

Thanks,
dsoll13

• 426thumpers

Posted May 01, 2002 - 12:54 AM

426 fireman, sounds like a cool weekend. But the reason we have it planned for Nov is because of a wedding and our FD schedules.
thanks for the help, not sure if i'm ready to do a hare scramble yet anyway, 426 is still kicking my ass, getting better but kicking my ass

• Bambislayer

Posted May 01, 2002 - 07:27 AM

dsoll13- the mcc is closed as of now. a while back it was closed because of EPA violations with runoff. Then it opened under a donation only setup, but then the IRS got onto him because only charities and churches can accept donations and unfortunately, mx is not either. do not know if he will reopen. its a shame because I think glen bates just redid the track.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 01, 2002 - 08:48 AM

426Thumpers -- Houston Valley is in that area & may be reopened by that time. -- Closed now due to pine beetle problem. Also Okie Mountain is awesome. Go to
http://www.georgiaoffroad.com
http://www.ga-mxracing.com
to check ORV areas & tracks. There are a slew of great tracks in N.Georgia also. Diamondback, Tunnel Hill, Copperhead, Calhoun are a few. November is great riding month with good weather.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.