YZ454: I have a question.

21 replies to this topic
  • Fireballsocal

Posted May 01, 2002 - 07:21 AM

LawDog: Thanks for the offer. I think I'm just going to go with a CR500. I'll sell the YZ400 cheap (It's beat up) and move up to open class horsepower. How did all your mods hold up and which do you prefer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lawdog

Posted May 01, 2002 - 11:56 AM

Fireballsocal: My YZF's have been very reliable, and have been a pleasure to ride. I personaly like the big bore kit sover the stroker, but it is just my personal preference. All of my bikes have had wet sump conversions done to them, and they all have had some head work. I run stock valves and millsome off ofthe cylinder to raise compression, and run Nutec special 4 fuel. 53hp at the rear wheel. Did i mention that this is in a quad. The entire intake is custom, as is the exhaust.I have tested most pipes and the FMF powerbomb (SX version) works well, allthough I have to modify it for the quad. Good luck with your CR500. Lawdog

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.