XR650L lowering link results?

3 replies to this topic
  • BIGTONY

Posted March 30, 2004 - 05:17 PM

Anyone install one? Was there a noticible difference? I also bought a Corbin seat because it said it would provide lower saddle height. I havent installed either yet because the cops still have my bike. Also once I install these parts I intend to lower the forks 1 & 1/2 inches to level the bike out. I dont have to worry about bottoming the fork out cause I dont Jump (too damn big 300lbs+). :)

• uw153

Posted March 31, 2004 - 03:44 AM

I have one from performance designs. It made a small difference, enough to tackle some decent trail work but still rides a little tall. I think it lowered it about 3/4" or so. The combo of Corbin seat and link should give you about and 1-1/2 or so. Certainly can't hurt. The performance desing unit has two grease zerks and brass bushings, the stock has needle bearings. I couldn't find an aftermarket design that used needle bearings. I like mine though, well made all CNC machined not cast.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650Lroostnya

Posted March 31, 2004 - 05:53 AM

I have a devol lowering link on mine and so far it has lowered it about 3/4 but I havnt reset the sag on the rear shock yet. It uses the stock needle bearings but you'll probally have to buy new ones since its impossible to get them out of the old link without damaging them. Really high quality part i would highly reccomend. :)

• BIGTONY

Posted March 31, 2004 - 11:10 AM

How do adjust the sag setting? I have a 98 xr650l and the owners manual doest show how, it only mentions adding/removing air from shocks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.