Stripped Crankcase drainbolt hole

1 reply to this topic
  • Craig02

Posted April 20, 2002 - 06:28 PM

Hi guys,
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. I was just changing my oil ( in a bit of a hurry) and was inserting the drain bolt back into the bottom of the crankcase when i turned just a little too far and stripped the damn bolt hole . I'm going out of town in the morning to go ride this track and now it looks like I'm screwed.
Anyone got a fix that that i can perform tonight?
Any help would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted April 21, 2002 - 01:54 AM

Boy, I don't know about any permanent fixes other than using a helicoil kit. Your familiar with them right? I guess you could also use a tap and die set, but you would end up with a larger hole and bolt. Good luck, Maniac

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.