Repair manual for a XR650R 02

13 replies to this topic
  • Kevinmc

Posted March 30, 2004 - 10:25 AM

Does anyone have or know where I can find a good repair manual for my 650R.

• TimBrp

Posted March 30, 2004 - 11:22 AM

Honda OEM repair manual. Spend the 70 bucks or so, it's worth it. :)

• J_T

Posted March 30, 2004 - 11:35 AM

There is a downloadable one at which can reached through The Pig Pen web site

• tirebiter

Posted March 30, 2004 - 01:46 PM

I just purchased an oem shop manual for the exact same bike.. Their site's hard to navigate, hang in there!
Here's the place.
When you get there, hit aftermarket/click here
Make sure you order the service manual, not the parts catalog..Dan

• RidesRed

Posted March 30, 2004 - 06:22 PM

Honda OEM repair manual. Spend the 70 bucks or so, it's worth it. :)

I got my Honda factory service manual from Helm, inc (the guys honda says to order it from in the back of the 650r owners manual) for $48 dollars plus 5 bucks shipping. I have seen time and time again where dealers are RIPPING OFF honda owners by charging 70 bucks for the same damn manual. Whats more, the service manuals msrp is listed in the owners manual as 48 bucks! Damn I hate gouging dealers. Order the manual direct from helm and save 25 bucks or so. By the way, it is an AWESOME manual with clear concise instructions, photographs, and tools/materials lists. Worth every penny.

• TimBrp

Posted March 31, 2004 - 02:50 AM

Dang I've been butt-raped by xr's only again. I paid them 89 bucks for one plug shipping cross-country. That place boggles me how they stay in business. What a bunch of morons when you call.

• Rokatt88

Posted March 31, 2004 - 06:06 AM

Dang I've been butt-raped by xr's only again. I paid them 89 bucks for one plug shipping cross-country. That place boggles me how they stay in business. What a bunch of morons when you call.

Un-real! Hose Bags! :D

Here's another tip...If you order from Helms they can hose you for shipping costs. I went to my dealer and showed them the price from Helms then asked them to order it. Got it in 2 days (which was even more expensive from Helms) and didn't have to pay shipping! :D

...Then I committed every page to my photographic memeory and "returned" the manual...not really! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SaltyWalrus

Posted March 31, 2004 - 09:13 AM

I downloaded the manual in pdf format from (pig pen) and printed it out. Is there an advantage for me to purchase one? The pictures aren't perfect, but I can make them out enough to know whats going far.

• J_T

Posted March 31, 2004 - 11:28 AM

You may have noticed that the downloaded version is NOT for NA (north american) version XR650R...but for the European version. Don't trash it just yet b/c the bikes are mechanicaly the same except for factory jetting, maybe sprocket combo, and wiring for possible blinkers and brake light. If you want to see the difference you can check out the Pig Pen's FAQ #13

So for all maintance and specs the manual is the same as NA XR650R's except for the wiring diagram and I have seen a few of those for NA specs floating around...if you run across it just print it off and tack it in the back of your print-outs and then you will have a complete manual to service all US (NA), Europe (ED, Europe Direct), Austrailian (U), General export (D, DK, DM)!!

Personaly I like it on my computer b/c my hands get so greasy that I just print out what I need for that time then when its so smeared in grease that you can't read it, trash it and print again next time needed...I tried using the Laptop in the garage but really got the keyboard dirty. I use to like my shop manuals dirty b/c it showed I worked on my own stuff...but then it got to be just tacky and I'd rather read them than have them look used the rare time someone comes and looks through my repair manuals.

Ya'll be good

• J_T

Posted March 31, 2004 - 11:30 AM

If anyone has a PDF, or file form of the NA version wiring diagram I'd love to have a copy if you don't mind sharing! Thanks

• XR650Man

Posted July 08, 2004 - 08:48 AM

Definately, I just ordered mine from and it cam to a grand total of $56.85. 5 bucks shipping + 3.00 tax. Can't wait to get it so I can learn to do more than play with the jetting and change the filters. :thumbsup: But if someone does have that PDF file that would be cool. Would be nice to have as a back up

• Old_Man_Time

Posted July 08, 2004 - 08:59 AM

I ordered it on a CD off of EBAY. I think it cost me $15.00. Im not sure if it is North American or European version.

Note: I just checked it out and it is the European Version. I have been using it for a year now and never knew that until today. So it works just fine.

• jlpskydive

Posted July 08, 2004 - 10:32 AM

I bought mine off ebay for my L for about 15 bucks also. Has all you need to know from oil to engine swap.

• BugTeeth

Posted July 08, 2004 - 03:48 PM

Ordered mine today, Honda Factory Manual, from REPAIR MANUALS.COM about $50. We see if it get`s here as stated.

00 650R FMF full titanium system, K&N, rejetted. Starts second kick, pulls hard thru all five...

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.