One Industries

4 replies to this topic
  • tuck

Posted April 20, 2002 - 05:37 PM

About 4 weeks ago I installed One Technoflex graphics and seat cover.I was very pleased with the way they turned out.But within 3 weeks the tank pieces started to bubble.I called One ind.expecting them to say"to bad for you".But instead they informed that they would not only send the tank decals,but the shrouds as well.They were in my mailbox 2 days later.I was very pleased to receive customer service like this.I will definetly continue to use there products.
I guess I'll have to start draining my tank after I ride, to eliminate this problem

• Jeff_Bailey

Posted April 20, 2002 - 08:23 PM

Danny at One Industries has been an awesome person to deal with for me. I'd say he's a very big asset to a very good company. I needed graphics for a magazine article, and they bent over backwards to accomodate us. They make quality products, and stand behind their work. Tag metals is also a division of One Industries, and in my opinion one of the best values in tripple clamps and oversized handlebars. It's cool to see companies that are on the up and up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted April 20, 2002 - 11:58 PM

Ive had problems in the past with graphics bubling and peeling on my 400. The tanks are so thin (like 3mm)that the gas vapors leak thru the plastic. The vapors are what causes the bubbles. The same thing happens with plastic gas cans. Thats why they say you shouldn't store gas in a plastic can for a long time. I guess metal cans are better for storing gas.

But back to the subject. My fix for peeling tank graphics was to drain the tank. Thourly clean the outside of the tank. Then run to Napa (or other part stores may have is) and buy clear plastic primer. Paint the tank with it. It will stick to the plastic tank and seal it so no gas vapors can get thru. Ive had the same set of graphics on my bike for 3 years now. They are beet up and look like hell but no bubbles.

Im going to switch to the n-style soon as soon as I find some money.

Ive also hears of some factory folks wiping the tank down with naptha. I guess this seals the pores in the tank.

My wifes 89 kdx 200 has such a thick tank that the bubbles dont seem to be a problem.

• 250f_#97

Posted April 21, 2002 - 04:46 PM

BUY THE TANK GRAPHICS WITH THE HOLES ALREADY IN THEM. YUOR TANK IS SUPPOSED TO BREATHE. PLUS, ITS A REAL PAIN IN THE BUT TO DRAIN YOUR TANK EVERY TIME YOU RIDE.

• YZ_Abuser

Posted April 22, 2002 - 10:59 AM

Tuck

Draining the tank is a hassle and didn't work for me. The stickers would still come loose. I've found that keeping the tank full stops the vapor problem. With little room for expansion the gasses don't push thru the plastic. I know it sounds weird, but it works for me. Try it, you have nothing to lose and it's free.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.