Boots

8 replies to this topic
  • gearbox

Posted March 30, 2004 - 09:31 AM

Hey guys,
Need help choosing boots.
Problem is that nobody stocks all of them so i have to order without a clue as to how some fit.

I tried on a pair of Gaerne SG10's they felt great (but they are to expensive)
Tried Alpinestars were very uncomfortable.
I would like to try Fox Formapro Replica's .... or
maybe Thor T30's (they are affordable)
Can anyone give some insight????
... yes, yes I know it's how they fit each individual...
but maybe you could help eliminate some to make my decision easier.
Thanks.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 30, 2004 - 09:50 AM

Go with the too expensive. I had a pair of Gaerne boots that lasted me 10 years! :)

• ddialogue

Posted March 30, 2004 - 09:54 AM

Go with the too expensive. I had a pair of Gaerne boots that lasted me 10 years! :)

And as many miles as you put on each year, THAT'S saying something! :D :D

• kdolz

Posted March 30, 2004 - 09:56 AM

I have the AlpineStar Tech8's I have to say when I first put them on they where stiff and uncomfirtable, but after one day of riding and adjusting the straps they fit and feel great. I couldent be more happy with them!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 30, 2004 - 10:12 AM

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
And as many miles as you put on each year, THAT'S saying something! :D :)

[/QUOTE]
Yeah David, I am doing so many miles these days that I bought a pair of SIDI SRS boots last year and I have already replaced the soles under the pegs. Great boots that will last me 10 years if they keep making sole parts for them. :D

• Moon

Posted March 30, 2004 - 02:04 PM

I have Alpinestars Vector. I am very happy with them. They took a few rides to break in. (hard to shift due to stiffness)After that they are great. Waterproof and comfortable. :)

• WR_Dave

Posted March 30, 2004 - 03:28 PM

How much are your feet and ankles worth? Go for the best boots you can possibly afford. That goes for the helmet also. WR Dave :)

• Agent

Posted April 02, 2004 - 08:27 PM

If the SG10's are too much check out the Gaerne RX2's. I have a pair and like them a lot.

For reference - I have a wide foot and also found the Alpinestars a bad fit. My foot didn't like the Fox or Thor much either.

• Hamish

Posted April 02, 2004 - 09:48 PM

I have Sidi Raptors. The boot itself is good but the sole keeps delaminating. When I can do with out them for a few weeks I'll take them back again and get them fixed (thank god for warranty :) )

Hamish

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.