426 clutch

2 replies to this topic
  • imoto344

Posted April 20, 2002 - 03:37 PM

i am putting 2001 inner cluch parts in my 2000 426. does the flat washer go in first and then the concave one that says "outside." please tell me if this is correct.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PK

Posted April 21, 2002 - 05:23 AM

If you go to Motoman's website, he has a parts microfiche you can download that will show you where everything goes. If you have the parts manual it will show you also. I don't have my manual with me or I could help you out more. Here is the link:

• Uncle_Rich

Posted April 21, 2002 - 05:35 AM

Yes the flat washer goes on first
then the spring washer
and the special fiber plate goes at the bottom of the stack
also I think the push lever (lever on the left side of motor that the cable hooks to) is shorter on the 2001.
I did this mod and my clutch went from grabbie to draging. I think the 2001 lever would have fixed that but I changed it back anyway
Let me know how you like it, maybe I'll try it again

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.