DECOMP CABLE?

5 replies to this topic
  • 250f_#97

Posted April 20, 2002 - 02:22 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE DECOMP CABLE ON THE 426 IS LONGER THAN THE CABLE ON THE 250F?I JUST INSTALLED A MAGURA HYDRAULIC ON MY 250F AND THE DECOMP CABLE IS TO SHORT(IT BINDS WHEN THE BARS ARE TURNED TO THE RIGHT)THE MAGURA HAS THE DECOMP LEVER INTEGRATED INTO THE PERCH, BUT I HAD TO RESORT TO USING THE STOCK DECOMP LEVER.ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted April 20, 2002 - 02:51 PM

After rearranged my levers, I would kill the bike with the bars turned right. All I had to do was loosen the coild and the cable clamp just under (?) it and give myself some slack there. Hope yours is something simple.

mwc

• twej

Posted April 20, 2002 - 06:10 PM

I've got one on my 400 and the cable is a bit short also. I have to run the perch a little further inboard to account for this. I'd rather put up with a further reach to the lever than to run the stock clutch.

Wej

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted April 21, 2002 - 01:56 AM

Could you guys tell me how you like the new juice clutch other than the decomp. problem? I might need to get one for some woods racing, and am curious.

• 250f_#97

Posted April 21, 2002 - 04:45 AM

MANIAC, RACED MX YESTERDAY WITH THE HYDRO AND IT WAS AWESOME.
THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THE DECOMP MOUNTING POINT ON THE MAGURA IS ON THE LEFT TOP OF THE HYDROS RESEVOIR.UNLESS YOU MOUNT THE PERCH AT THE BEND OF YOUR BARS, IT WILL NOT REACH.(DECOMP CABLE)I LIKE MY DECOMP CABLE BELOW THE CLUTCH LEVER.THE MAGURA DECOMP MOUNT IS REAL SLICK BUT THE CABLE JUST WON'T REACH, SO I WAS FORCED TO REMOVE THE MAGURAS DECOMP LEVER(SO IT WOULDN'T FLOP AROUND).THEN I JUST MOUNTED MY STOCK DECOMP LEVER WHERE IT NORMALLY SITS. IF YOU PLAN ON BUING ONE, I WOULD MAKE SURE YAMAHA EITHER SELLS A LONGER CABLE, OR MAGURA MAKE THE CLUTCK WITHOUT THE DECOMP LEVER FOR YOUR BIKE.THEN YOU COULD JUST USE THE STOCK DECOMP.HOPE THIS HELPS.

• MANIAC998

Posted April 21, 2002 - 12:13 PM

250F. Thanks. I just might have to go and get me one of them juice clutches! It's not a problem at MX, but 2 1/2 hours in the tree's, that I'm not so sure about. What did you pay?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.