Brass bushings in gears

3 replies to this topic
  • nopremix

Posted April 20, 2002 - 07:44 AM

Just pulled off the clutch basket and noticed up/down/side to side play when it was on the spindle. This does not seem normal to me, what do you guys think????(I'm Not talking about left/right rotational play between gears when turning the basket)

My question is about the two brass bushings pressed into the outer clutch basket. I am not sure how to tell the wear limit. Does anyone have the spec for that? Also while we are at it, the kick idler gear and the oil pump drive gear (not the gear on the oil pump) also have brass bushings and seem to have an awful lot of play and wobble as well. That does not seem normal to me either. Specs on those??

• nopremix

Posted April 22, 2002 - 06:44 AM

Has anyone looked at these or replaced them?????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamracing

Posted April 22, 2002 - 09:04 PM

Don't know what the specs are, but it doesn't sound good. Your manual should supply all the measurments.

• nopremix

Posted April 22, 2002 - 11:57 AM

Jamracing,
The original factory manual that came with the bike is informative, but does not have the specs on these gears/bushings.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.