OT: Anyone ride at Winchester Bay Dunes in Oregon?

4 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted March 29, 2004 - 06:45 PM

I'm going next week. Is it all sand? My kid has a 50, is it even worth taking? I can take the truck to anywhere that is close to it. Any tips on tires?

• WR450F_RDR

Posted March 30, 2004 - 05:31 AM

Most the riding area is sand mixed with some grass clumps,a lot of tall dunes with some flat areas for beginners depending on the riding experience of kid you may find some place for the kid to play around in out there, .I would recommend a good sand tire for your bike. It would be a good time to go right now being the sand is still a little wet, making it easier to ride in if you never have ridden in sand before. If your unaware you will also need a flag and OHV sticker for any vehicle you plan to take into the sand.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted March 30, 2004 - 09:38 AM

What are the sound level requirements? I thought I remembered hearing 94db was the limit there? Just curious.

• sjwr450

Posted March 30, 2004 - 03:25 PM

The registration for the new bikes is good enough, correct? 94 db is going to be tough.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted March 30, 2004 - 04:17 PM

My understanding is the current sound level is 93db. Unless you go on a holiday weekend you should not have any problems. Keep your revs low around the Rangers. yes all you need is your temporary if that is all you have, plus your OHV sticker.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.