170+ Areas listed for closure in California

8 replies to this topic
  • excitebike02

Posted April 18, 2002 - 12:36 PM

170+ areas in California http://www.calwild.o...ywilderness.htm

http://www.crowley-o...reas_for_CA.htm

This is a part of Barbra Boxers and Diane Feinstein's plan to lock us out of public land. Wilderness Designation = NO MOTORCYCLES, NO BICYCLES, and anything motorized or mechanized is banned. The democRATS responsible for proposing this and trying to shut us out of all these areas are none other then 2 very old liberal ladies who don't even ride. They are -

Senator Barbara Boxer
112 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 Senator@boxer.senate.gov
(415) 403-0100

Senator Dianne Feinstein
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Senator@feinstein.senate.gov
(415) 536-6868

The group pushing to ban recreation in these 170+ areas
http://www.calwild.org/pw/ Phone(530)758-0380 Fax(530)758-0382

The person responsible for pushing to ban recreation - Director of CWC Paul Spitler paul@calwild.org (his email) HELLOOOOOOO HE IS ON THE OHV COMMISION PEOPLE WAKE UP!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO LAUNCH A INVESTIGATION INTO HIS PRACTICES WHICH ARE ILLEGAL. http://www.4x4wire.c...d/wildlands.htm

The eco groups behind this that are trying to stop recreation on public lands -

1. Sierra Club
2. CWC - http://www.calwild.org/pw/
3. CBD
4. REI (the store) they are supporting CWC. DON'T BUY ANYTHING THERE

WHAT YOU CAN DO - JUST SEND OFF A LETTER VOICING YOUR SUPPORT FOR RECREATION AND WHY YOU DON'T SUPPORT WILDERNESS DESINGATION BECAUSE IT BANS RECREATION, CAUSES JOB LOSSES, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF. TELL YOUR SENATORS NOT TO SUPPORT THIS WILDERNESS DESINGATION PLAN WHICH = "RECREATION DISCRIMINATION". LET THESE PEOPLE KNOW THEY WILL LOSE VOTES IF THEY SUPPORT THIS ISSUE.

Boxer has an simple email form to fill out:
http://boxer.senate....ct/webform.html

Feinstein can be contacted through regular email:
senator@feinstein.senate.gov

and here is a list of contact info for all Senators:
http://www.senate.go...cting/index.cfm

and a web form to write you local Congressman:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

PLEASE COPY AND POST THIS ON ALL OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS AND EMAIL TO PEOPLE.

ANY SAMPLE LETTERS TO HELP PEOPLE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED TO.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 18, 2002 - 02:30 PM

Hey excitebike, are you the same excitebike on the saddleback website?

• excitebike02

Posted April 18, 2002 - 04:56 PM

Yes Shawn, i'm the same person who also post on the Saddleback board. I hope we can keep Saddleback open. I live about 10 minutes away from Saddleback.

• Fireballsocal

Posted April 18, 2002 - 07:47 PM

Yeah I hear you man. 49,000 acres in Glamis have been closed because of a weed called the Piersons Milk Vetch. The American Sand Association has proven that the damn thing isn't endangered yet the closure still stands. I can't stand greenies (The greenies that are trying to take our OHV land away).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 18, 2002 - 08:30 PM

Check this out TOO........
Screw Camelback products<<<<<<<DO NOT BUY>>>>>>>

Camelback article HERE<<<<<<<<<< :)
AND HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :D :D :D

• grashoper250

Posted April 18, 2002 - 08:44 PM

I can't believe they would ban bicycles too. No pollution, no noise - how could that upset anyone? What do they want to use the land for? I guess the idea of anyone having any fun at all pisses them off. I'll send an email. Does it help even if I'm in a different state?

• HondaMan

Posted April 19, 2002 - 05:01 AM

I was out at California City last weekend and
there were brand new trail closures without any
Notice at all!Turns out they have closed somewhere between 20-29 miles of the BEST trails
out of 100 miles! They fenced it too! I heard it was the same group that closed off alot of GLAMIS! We dirtbikers need to get busy and start a letter writing campaign. If we let them know that their jobs are on the line come this next election it should do some good. I sent 4 letters off last night and intend to send more today. Do it beforeit is too late.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 19, 2002 - 12:09 PM

If we wanted to play at the same lowest common denominator, we could burn down every REI store and start quietly stalking the people in charge of these trail closures and have them have "accidents". Its not unlike the handbook on how those Nazi bastard teach how to rig trial traps and such. I read an online terrorist propaganda hand book on how to rig a cross wires on trails. The book stated that using the most durable wire is crucial to the cause, piano wire is the best because it raises the chance of decapitation of the OHV'r. Ya these democRATS are nice caring people. What they care about is my/our money and how they can get as much of it away from us as possible. This whole thing is boiling down to an OHV tax somewhere down the line, Im tell in ya that right now. Now I am mad again. I hate those bastards, Id like to killem all and bury them in the dunes in glamis. Im sure they would make a nice feritlizer for a garden. I just want to left alone to play miles from "civilization". These are the same A'holes that want to strip the names of all the founding fathers of this country off everything they can see, because they arent, and werent politically correct. If political correctness played any part in the founding of the country, we'd all still be living in caves, buring sticks to stay alive. Im done, I need a beer.

• eBayThumper

Posted April 19, 2002 - 01:32 PM

Everyone,

Ok, I will start by saying that I have typically been a back-seat-driver when it comes to political issues but this one hits too close to home for me not to act. I just got done sending two emails. One to Feinstein and one to Boxer.

In my letters I state that there are hundreds of thousands of others like myself that will not vote for them if they continue to support the exclusion of off-road vehicle use on public lands.

I am asking you to help...we have got to do something because if we don't we will not even have the right to b!@&# about it when our back yard parks are no longer available to us.

I grew up riding and can't imagine not being able to. Also, and most importantly to me now, I have a son on the way and can only hope that he will grow to enjoy riding as I have.

Please help support this cause. If you like I can send you the letter I wrote and you can just use it...(if you're like me and generally lazy about this type of stuff). Believe me, it takes something like this to incent me to action.

I think that TT in an unusually mature and intelligent forum and if we don't act...probably not many will.

Thanks for those of you who took the time to read this whole post. I am soooo tired of watching our freedoms get taken away right under our noses.

This is our land too dammit!! :)

Ride On...
J

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.