Mods?

7 replies to this topic
  • jc777

Posted March 29, 2004 - 04:02 PM

I have done all the free mods , fmf factory 4 , jetting , and 13/50 gearing and still find myself looking for more power.Im thinking of the yz450 cam which i will probally do here in the next month or so.If that is not enough then what is the next step for more power and how much will it cost.

• jerryls

Posted March 29, 2004 - 06:52 PM

More power? Where exactly are you having deficiencies?

Jerry

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 30, 2004 - 02:21 AM

Cam will cost anywhere from $100. discounted to $160 full list price. You may want to consider Hot cams version it is about $90.00 with the auto decomp feature. :)

• jc777

Posted March 30, 2004 - 11:06 AM

Im just looking for more overall power what other mods besides the cam do this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DOGBITE

Posted March 30, 2004 - 11:56 AM

Try a 450. :)

• Moon

Posted March 30, 2004 - 02:12 PM

More Power? This begs the question, what are you doing with your 450 that it doesn't have enough power with the mods you have already done, super moto? desert racing? Where is it lacking power? Bottom end? Top end?

• jc777

Posted March 30, 2004 - 03:19 PM

I drag race alot and am an agressive rider,It feels as if the snap is missing.Everytime i mod my bike i just get used to it and end up wanting more power , I guess im just a power addict looking for more power for a cheap price.

• Moon

Posted March 30, 2004 - 04:20 PM

Hmmm. Getting power to the ground is also important. The right tire for the right terrain and suspension that keeps the tire on the ground can make a big difference. If you want just raw horsepower, maybe you should consider a larger bore bike like a 525 or 650. I hare scramble my WR in an Expert A class and win races with it. With the basic mods it has loads of power and keeps CRF450s at bay.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.