I am seriously considering a new rear spring

4 replies to this topic
  • Matt687

Posted March 29, 2004 - 01:44 PM

Any ideas on what type of spring I should use? I need it firm because I am about 155lbs and about 6 feet tall, plus I do lots of jumps with my bike. Anyone who has put a new spring on their XR600R I would love some help in making a decision, I am pretty sure that I am still riding on the stock spring, and it sags a lot when I sit down on it. -Matt

• POBLondon

Posted March 29, 2004 - 02:49 PM

Eibach do a great range. :) Look on XRs Only. Lots of choice and good application chart. I have the strongest Eibachs on both ends of my bike, and I'm a fat kid who loves jumps. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted March 29, 2004 - 03:56 PM

Check the Thumpertalk store. They should have a nice Eibach for yah. I think a 9.5kg spring would be great for your weight with gear on. Get the shock rebuilt and chared too.

• Big_D

Posted March 29, 2004 - 07:10 PM

I would go out to RaceTech.com and run their spring rate search tool. It will give you a good measurement of what spring rate you need. I took the number and bought Eibach springs that were the closest to that number on the heavy side and have been EXTREEMLY happy!!! :) :D :D Best $200 I spent on my bike hands down. The Eibach spring series that fit the XR650R are Fork: FESP975xx Shock: SESP885xxx with the spring rate replacing the x's in the number.

Good Luck!

• Matt687

Posted March 30, 2004 - 05:07 AM

I have heard various things about spring rate, I hve never dealt with springs before so I am guessing that it is the rebound rate/stiffness? -Matt

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.