northwest group ride?

7 replies to this topic
  • Dansgarage

Posted April 18, 2002 - 02:45 AM

I was just wondering how many fellow tt's were in the NW. I was planning a trip to the capital state forest in washington some time this summer. Thought it might be cool to try and have a big group ride. Who's in?

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Dansgarage ]

• Jeff_Bailey

Posted April 18, 2002 - 07:44 AM

I'm in Southern Oregon.. Sounds like a good time to me!

• BFLee

Posted April 18, 2002 - 08:13 AM

When? I might be up in WA one week in July. Where is the Capital State Forest?

• Dansgarage

Posted April 18, 2002 - 01:57 PM

Capital state forest is near olympia. I was thinking of doing it some time in may or june.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 18, 2002 - 02:07 PM

I'm from southern Idaho, but I'll be in Washington all summer long. Sounds like fun to me! Keep me posted, I'll see what I can do to be there.

• Thumpster

Posted April 18, 2002 - 05:59 PM

I'd be interested. I just moved to Olympia and have yet to explore the Capitol Forest area. I plan on starting this weekend. The Thurston County ORV park backs up next to it. A good staging point.

Capitol State Forest (80,000 acre)is about 10-15 miles west of Olympia, WA. It's open for riding from approx. April thru October.

• Dansgarage

Posted April 18, 2002 - 08:10 PM

It sounds like you may be our inside guy. I used to live in Puyallup and I have only ridden there once. I think you would have a better handle on meeting areas and so on. Could I use you as a contact and co-organizer on this ride?

• Thumpster

Posted April 19, 2002 - 03:22 PM

Sure, I'm just getting back into bikes after a 7 year hiatus. I'll be doing most of my riding on Mondays (work 4/10s) to explore the Capitol Forest and get a feel for the bike. A bikeless friend at work knows the area well. I'm trying to encourage him to get another bike! Dansgarage check your PM.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.