how did you find out...

26 replies to this topic
  • moto_madman

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:27 PM

Here's another fun topic. How did everyone find out about thumper talk. I found TT when i was searching for info on a 1998 YZ 400F. It was the first on the list. I have been here ever since.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:30 PM

I just managed to stumble across it one day. It has been a big help! Everyone on here is very helpful and informative. Ego cracks me up. Keep em comin! :)

• moto_madman

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:32 PM

Ego cracks everyone up. :) I cant wait to find out how he found out about TT.

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:35 PM

I found it in a bathroom stall it was etched in the wall for a good time

it was signed Shawn :)

In reality I saw the thumper talk sticker on the fender of a bike

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Nah I lied I saw it tattoed on a phatt ladies butt
I first thought it read, until I folded the wedge out to

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• wylie1

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:38 PM

I was cussing my bike and trying to figure out what I was doing wrong in starting the damn thing. So I did a search and found TTalk. Now my bike starts much easier and I cuss less. :)

• motoman393

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:43 PM

I was planning on buying a 01' YZ426 and was doing a little "research" and found this site. This site is awesome and it is amazing how much I have learned in less than 2 years! Hopefully TT will be around for awhile and the content/people remain informative. Unlike DRN where people kiss @$$ to the moderators so they can get a pic by their name LOL! Later,

• cowboyona426

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:47 PM

Ego, what were you doing with a phatt woman anyways? Seeing just how good your suspension revalve REALLY went??? :)

• SkinSF

Posted April 17, 2002 - 04:49 PM

I was thinking about buying a 426 and wanted to see what the community was like. Went to and typed in YZ426. Next thing I knew I was reading about how great the 4 banger is. TT has been a great help in figuering out my jetting problems too. Thanks

• grashoper250

Posted April 17, 2002 - 05:41 PM

In late January this year I went to a track in Mesquite NV. The guy I parked next to had a YZ 400 with a bunch of stuff done to it. He mentioned this site to me and told me to check it out. I would never have found it if someone hadn't told me about it.

• SMP

Posted April 17, 2002 - 08:03 PM

I was at my local Les Schwab and the manager told me about his neighbor (Bryan) ran a website for 4 strokes, so I checked it out and the rest is history. Guess he lives(or lived) about 3 blocks from my house and I never knew it the whole time I had been visiting this site.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted April 17, 2002 - 09:14 PM

I overheard 4 women sitting at an adjacent table to mine at the mall food court talking about TT. They knew how to polish aluminum too.

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 18, 2002 - 12:45 AM

Boit, did you get their numbers? :)

I too was researching on the 426 before I bought one and ran across the site. Great find!

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 18, 2002 - 01:50 AM

What can I say Love em all :)

Hey I was at the same Restraunch, but those gals were bitching, about the boy freinds / husbands spending so much time on TT, and Oh Ya that even said the would love to met me cuz I was sooooo Funny

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• Thumpster

Posted April 18, 2002 - 02:58 AM

I was educating myself on the newer 4 strokes and stumbled across TT. I've received some great tips for my '98 YZ. Thanks folks! :)

• Merfman

Posted April 18, 2002 - 04:01 AM

Originally posted by cowboyona426:
Ego, what were you doing with a phatt woman anyways? Seeing just how good your suspension revalve REALLY went??? :)

I don't really like,
litty bitty cars, or real big women,
but I always seem to find myself in 'em...

• MOmilkman

Posted April 18, 2002 - 04:54 AM

Originally posted by motoman393:
Unlike DRN where people kiss @$$ to the moderators so they can get a pic by their name LOL! Later,

Posted Image
Posted Image

I found TT though a buddy of mine back in 99.

There is really only 2 websites in this whole world I need.
TT and E-bay. And Im addicted to both.

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted April 18, 2002 - 06:10 AM

I found it when I talked to one guy that had a 426. I wanted to buy a CR250, but he let me ride his 426 and the 250 thing never crossed my mind again. I asked him where he found out about all this cool stuff he put on his bike and the mods and stuff and he told me about TT, so I went here and started reading and bought a bike with in a month.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 18, 2002 - 06:48 AM

I was out at Elsinore the very first day I had my 426. Me and another guy were play racing to the point a crowd had gathered to watch us tangle the shrouds and bars up in just about every corner. We both pulled off after about 8 laps of full tilt combat and started talking. He was 40, I was 40, I asked him about the high speed adjuster on the shock, he told me check TT. I never did get that masked mans name. Been here ever since. :)

• rpadgett2

Posted April 18, 2002 - 10:24 AM

Did a search on and I have learned a lot from you guys. Thanks

• thumper4life

Posted April 18, 2002 - 11:31 AM

was at a race in november with my friend...his '00 426 kept foulin a plug and a guy came up to us and started talkin and he said "check out, its gotta' lot of great info on those kind of bikes"

now i check it every day :)

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.