Indy - Help!

2 replies to this topic
  • jerryls

Posted March 29, 2004 - 09:57 AM

Need a jetting recommendation. 5800-6800 ft, 70 degrees, low humidity (in the high desert of NV). Any idea? My first guess would be 160 MJ, red needle #6, 48PJ. Am I even close?

The reason I ask is that I have a race in a couple weeks and won't be able to fart around w/ the jetting before hand.

My bike seems to be setup similar to yours. Every time I go to a different elevation, I go thru your old posts and find the magic combination. Of course I try variations on your recommmendations, but end up running your combination. Why fight it any longer? Any chance you've put all that knowledge into a database?

Thanks in advance!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 29, 2004 - 01:37 PM

I recommend a 160 main, red #4, 48 or 45 PJ.
When it is summer drop in a 155 main and leave it on red #4 and put in a 45 pilot. Dont forget your main overlaps with your needle and you wont need to go to Red #3 unless you are at 10,000 feet on a 80 degree day. You should be good to race. :)

• jerryls

Posted March 29, 2004 - 03:25 PM

Muchos Gracias!!! Thought 160 MJ might be a touch lean at that elevation, but like I said, I'm not fighting it any more. Just trust Indy.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.