Want a better lift stand then MotOboss

4 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 17, 2002 - 05:48 AM

ok Dumb question

But I have had to take back to MotOboss stands becouse of weld breakage. I looked them over real good. But bottom line is when they break I see why, To Cold of Aluminum Weld. I am not making another mistake on a 3rd so I ask

Any Suggestions :)

• Mr_Toyz

Posted April 17, 2002 - 07:03 AM

What does a Motoboss look like? I've never heard of it.

Mr Toyz

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted April 17, 2002 - 07:29 AM

Ego they could be using dead soft rod on an application where they should be using a t-6 or even t-8 rod. If your welding t-6 6064, with dead rod, in a stress test ususally the weld will peel away from the base material.

• thumpsalad

Posted April 17, 2002 - 08:09 AM

I have a Motoboss that's about 3 months old and have yet to see any failures in the welds. Maybe they are making them better??? It has even taken a nasty 50mph tumble out of the back of my truck. Hey, that's one for the blooper file if I told you how it fell out of the truck!

• Hootna

Posted April 17, 2002 - 08:23 AM

Yo EGO go down and buy you one of those Harbor Freight car jacks with wheels that way you can use it for your car and your bike. You can also tie it to the back bumper and use it like one of those motojacks :) Man you cant have that far to get up to the hills, I only wish!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.