600 vs 650

4 replies to this topic
  • DarrenCalif

Posted March 28, 2004 - 06:09 PM

Whats the biggest difference between the xr600 and the xr 650 besides the 650 is water cooled? Is there a noticable power diff? Is the weight close? Im looking for a street legal xr650r , but there are not too many around here in central Calif. and was wondering if it is really a big step down to go for an older streeted xr600

• qadsan

Posted March 28, 2004 - 06:37 PM

Here's some good reading about XR650R / XR600R comparisons. Both are great bikes. The XR650R does have more power and does handle better in some situations, but there's nothing wrong with a good dual sport XR600R, especially if you find one at a good price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DarrenCalif

Posted March 28, 2004 - 07:39 PM

• JetPilot

Posted March 29, 2004 - 04:52 AM

Great information from the websites you posted. I alwasys wanted to trade my 600 for a 650 to get the liquid cooling but didnt want to spend the money. After reading your websites I now HAVE to make the trade. :) !!!

If you have no fear, you didnt go as fast as you could have ...

• big t

Posted March 29, 2004 - 10:05 AM

You won't be disappointed. :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.