triple clamps

8 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted April 16, 2002 - 01:06 AM

im considering of buying a set of triple clamps. can u please tell me what all of u guys with an aftermarket clamps running? pro's n con's...
i dont have a special need but 10mm fwd(and a good look)...

• Kirtwell

Posted April 16, 2002 - 02:42 AM

I just ordered a new triple clamp myself. I haven't recieved these yet but what I good things I heard is they really look good and have alot of adjustment. Right up my alley. Take a look.
web page

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 16, 2002 - 03:09 AM

Not sure what you are looking for, i.e. Steering Rake and so on.

You might try Procircuit Dont know

I have an applied Steering head but not the bottom, I think the reason is the guy before me hit a tree, and bent the original DUnno

You Didnt hit a tree did you :)

Keep Safe, and Keep Low

• Hootna

Posted April 16, 2002 - 03:45 AM

I run Emig Racing clamps, they are not the cheapest but they are extremely well made. I dont know if you are just looking for the uppers or if you want the full upper and lower. The nice thing is that Emig makes steering stems and they will press them into the clamps and also install the bearing. When you receive the clamps you install them and can keep your old ones to put back on the bike when you sell it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted April 16, 2002 - 06:35 AM

I've had good luck with BRP

• motojunkie

Posted April 16, 2002 - 08:26 AM

I've had great luck with O'Berg, and Emig Racing. The Emig Racings cost a bit more, and don't have the adjustability that the O'Bergs have. For either one, check out Scott Clark at Motoworld of El Cajon (1-800-249-3556), He helped me quite a bit.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 16, 2002 - 03:14 PM

The original, the best. Applied.

• javelinmxer

Posted April 16, 2002 - 06:13 PM

I've been using Tag Triple clamps with four different positions. They are lighter than the stock by far, and I don't know if it is just coincidence but my armpump has been severely reduced. so I am very happy with the setup and it didnt' cost me an arm and a leg.

Posted April 16, 2002 - 07:21 PM

I've used Applied on every bike I've owned since 97. I might consider some of those RG3 Clamps sometime soon though.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.