Rocks Suck

25 replies to this topic
  • nopremix

Posted April 16, 2002 - 08:18 AM

Ok, here is the big question I have been thinking about for a while regarding these neck braces:

How HOT do you get wearing one, especially the EVS model during a moto or race. Here in the midwest, the temperatures in the summer get unbearable during a 2 hour hairscramble especially with humidity. We have to pay close attention to heat exhaustion in certain months.

I am all for getting one of these things, but if I keel over from heat stroke after the first hour of the race because of lack of air flow around my neck and down my jersey etc... it would be a problem.

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 16, 2002 - 09:07 PM

Duc A flying Guitar

Nah he just crashed again :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 16, 2002 - 09:42 PM

I recently landed directly on my freakin head, off a little jump that dumps you directly into a small woop section. At any rate, I wish I would have had one themthere newfangled neck rolls. Its still hard to back up the truck (cant turn my head around to see the right mirror). Wanna talk about knee pads, same wreck, split one right down the middle. I dont have any recollection of hitting the knee at all. I can only imagine what the knee would be like if I hadnt had the pad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 16, 2002 - 09:46 PM

To Be seriuos

Along time ago in a galaxy far away, I crashed real hard on my left new at sears point Short tack.

The Knee was swollen like a basketball in a matter of minutes. Lesson:
Back then we did not have the new style knew pads
Solution:
Catchers knee gaurds worked great for Dirt Traken.

Anyway Knee gaurds were the first item I Picked up when I went and got my new gear.

Until Today I did not know about the neck Brace...

• moto_madman

Posted April 16, 2002 - 03:46 PM

got the knee guards today. Hey flying guitars, thats the one i was talking about. Thanks. Hey Ego, how did you get a picture of my helmet :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 16, 2002 - 03:51 PM

Madman
No Thats me next time your in Holister Hills Look me up I will be with Yoda :)

Pssst Sorry for the Emails Flinggutters

[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.