newbies

5 replies to this topic
  • rocksnsand

Posted March 27, 2004 - 03:05 PM

First I want to say Hi to everyone here at TT.I recently bought a 01 WR426 and a 01 TTR90 for my son.We are very excited to get started riding.I need advice on a problem I fround while changing the oil on our bikes.When I removed the drain plug this nasty black sludge that used to be oil came out.Whats worse the oil filter had quite alot of metal shavings.What is the best way to flush these shavings from the system.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 27, 2004 - 03:36 PM

Just use new oil and new filter. There is not much else you can do. Welcome aboard. :)

• Rattler88

Posted March 27, 2004 - 04:34 PM

Change the oil again after your next ride, this will help
flush out the rest of the crap, the guy you bought
from was not to hip on maintaining his ride.

Jerry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rattler88

Posted March 27, 2004 - 04:38 PM

P.S. You have found the best spot on earth to get info
on 4-Strokes.

Welcome to the brotherhood.

Jerry :)

• rocksnsand

Posted March 27, 2004 - 05:43 PM

Allright,lots of oil changes till the crud is gone.Other than that all I can say is I LOVE THIS BIKE WAHOO

• Rattler88

Posted March 28, 2004 - 02:25 PM

I have the same bike,with a FMF power core 4 ,rejeted,gray wire cut,carburetor screw cut,air lid removed and Race Tech
rear spring for my 215 pound ass and love it.

Jerry :) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.