Seat / Tank questions.. (from a new WR owner)

6 replies to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted December 07, 2000 - 11:29 AM

I have read thru some of the older posts that state the IMS seat and tank combo works well and I am wondering if the Yamaha YZ426 seat / tank will mount up to my WR426.

I have some credit at my local Yamaha shop and if I can use it there it would work out better. The parts monkey didn't think the YZ426 would fit on the WR....

Any opinions on this?

Thanks,

Rod

PS. Great site. I've owned a WR for a couple of weeks now and love it!!

• Bill

Posted December 07, 2000 - 01:03 PM

Not sure on your year model but the 98-99 YZ seat and tank bolt right up to a WR. It is a great mod to the bike, you'll be surpised how well the bike will turn afterwards.

Welcome and good luck
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 07, 2000 - 03:47 PM

Scotts steering damper would be the 1st on my list. I have the IMS seat/tank combo on mine and the Scotts. I did the seat/tank swap first. Wouldn't do it that way again.

brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted December 07, 2000 - 07:42 PM

Don't listen to Brian Meadows, he is from California... :)

• mcarp

Posted December 07, 2000 - 09:21 PM

Any year stock YZ tank (98-01) will fit the any year WR. Try to find one used, I paid $100 for a stock '99 tank, I didn't need the extra fuel and I wanted the stock quality tank

• Bill

Posted December 08, 2000 - 03:11 AM

I don't know Kevin? The next thing I'm bolting to my bike, will be a dampner. Of course, I grew up in California :)

Later
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Buck

Posted December 08, 2000 - 05:08 AM

Personally I would go with a Clarke tank and the IMS seat. You would save a lot of money going that way but if your dealer won't let you then I guess you are stuck with yamaha parts. I really like my clear tank, I can see how much gas I have and it as big as the WR tank andslim as the YZ.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.