Mobil 1 Oil?

5 replies to this topic
  • dmxracing

Posted April 14, 2002 - 10:07 PM

Hello, I have searched this forum and I see that many of you guys like the Mobil 1 15w-50 oil. This is just the regular Mobil 1 you get at an auto parts store right? It is called "Mobil 1 with Supersyn" part# 48120-0. Let me know if this is the correct product? Thanks...

• Bill

Posted April 15, 2002 - 12:29 AM

The red capped Mobile 15w-50 does not have friction modifiers. Make sure whatever oil you choose that it does not say EC (energy conserving) this oil has the friction modifiers that are not good for your clutch.

Bill

• humbertob

Posted April 15, 2002 - 07:26 PM

Yes DMXRACING you're right that's the one you need to use in your thumper ! Great results, I switched to that oil from Motul 5100 with wooonnnnnnnderfuuulllll Results ! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted April 16, 2002 - 03:14 AM

I was using COD liver Oil for the longest time

till things started smelliing Fishy

Then I just jammed the thing full of gearbox Grease :)

• vet34

Posted April 17, 2002 - 02:07 AM

JUST GET THE "RED" CAP ONE,CAN'T GO WRONG,GO TO WALMART.THEY SELL IT IN 5 QT JUGS FOR 18.00.CAN'T BEAT THE PRODUCT OR THE PRICE.JUST SAVE A COUPLE BOTTLES AND PRE MEASURE OIL AND MAKES IT EASIER ALSO.

RIDE TILL IT HURTS AND THEN SOME!!!!!

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 17, 2002 - 02:50 AM

Vet

ARE YOU YELLING AT THIS GUY TO BUY THE "RIGHT STUFF" :D

Sorry vet CAPS are a signal your yelling or mad :)

I use Castrol Actevo 20-50 its 12 bucks a liter the 10-40 version is synt based 20-50 is petrolium, No worries there on the cluth or whatever, works great price is right and I trust Castrol, been using it for years.... Personal Prefreance

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.