Fastline Brake Line?

5 replies to this topic
  • dmxracing

Posted April 14, 2002 - 08:51 PM

Hello, I am looking into getting a Fastline brake system and I want to know if it adds more stopping power to the brakes and makes the brakes feel more solid? It should mount to the stock fork guards with a little fabrication right? Thanks...

• Hootna

Posted April 15, 2002 - 04:05 AM

Yo DMX,

THe Fastline brake line if run to the front brake like Hondas does add stopping power although not a huge amount. Your best bet is to go with an oversized rotor and change out the stock brake pads with a set of honda pads. I personally think the routing of the Yamaha brake line sucks as you have to run that goober guard around the bottom of the fork. But overall the Yamaha brakes are not as good as a honda and even with changing the brake line they still wont be as good.

Later,

Hoot

• MotoMiester

Posted April 15, 2002 - 04:39 AM

Hey DMX,

I just bought the Fastline brakeline and a mount from RideEngineering and should have it mounted before my next ride. I've heard it helps quite a bit, although still not like a Honda front brake.
I'll give you my opinion on the setup after Thursday.

I've got a rookie question though: is it correct to assume the "skinny" end of the brakeline goes on the bottom :) ???

THANKS....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hokie

Posted April 15, 2002 - 05:13 AM

When put a fastline on my 99 400 the brake line would only fit one way.

The banjo bolts were angled so that it fit right in only one direction.

It definitely made a difference in stopping power, but like eveyone says, not as good as Honda.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 15, 2002 - 12:50 PM

The Fastline Honda route helps thats for sure. Making sure you dont have a glaze problem is a key point. I made a major improvement by sanding the disc with 320 wetordry sandpaper to remove the glaze and went with new pads. It stops well, with good feel, but, no, its not Honda like.

• Const

Posted April 15, 2002 - 03:19 PM

Ride Engineering also has brake lines to go with the clamp. the feel is even firmer than fast line.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.