throttle stop, quick question

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 04:23 AM

Anyone cut their throttle stop prior to break in? After 1st ride? Asking for a friend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 16, 2001 - 05:27 AM

Mike, I had the Yamaha dealer do it when I picked the bike up, before I even rode it. The problem is: I do not know how bad the restricted throttle action was. So, I have nothing to measure against it, other than everyones opinion.
But, it sure has tons of power & Torque .........

• boxsterboy

Posted May 16, 2001 - 05:30 AM

I did. I uncorked the bike and ran it for 5 minutes, then let it cool down. Repeated the process using 10 and 15 minutes. Took it out and rode it easy the next day for 30 minutes, let it cool down. Rode again for about 45 minutes more easy. Got on it at the end of the 45 minutes. Took it home, changed the oil, checked all the screws and bolts, and rode it hard the next day after 10 minutes of easy riding.

------------------
boxsterboy
01 WR426 WR timing, uncorked.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.