TORQUE STUFFER

6 replies to this topic
  • westrider03

Posted March 26, 2004 - 04:31 PM

Has anyone tried this thing called a torque stuffer? I found it on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=43978
I would like to know if it is worth anything. It looks like it might be a scam.
Let me know, Cam :)

• tp3dxf

Posted March 26, 2004 - 09:02 PM

I looked into this option. There for real. It alters the exhaust to provide more torque. May slow down the revs a bit but should help the lower end.

• Hamish

Posted March 26, 2004 - 10:35 PM

does anyone have one of these? If so can you please post the measurements so I can make one?

thanks
Hamish

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lipskid

Posted March 27, 2004 - 02:37 AM

I put one in a Yamaha ATV I had 6 yrs ago. Got it from White Bros. It did seem to improve bottom torque some but definately effected mid-top end. :)

• WR_Dave

Posted March 27, 2004 - 03:20 AM

This thing always makes me laugh. We WR owners are always trying to open up the pea sized hole at the end of the muffler and then we would put it back in at the engine end of the pipe if we used this thing. I understand the theory of the device but if slow engine speed riding is all we are doing then leave the stock exhaust as is and go riding. My .02---WR Dave. :)

• lemmingscliff

Posted March 27, 2004 - 09:02 AM

I Have a torque stuffer I bought on ebay for 36.00 inc. shipping (they charged 12.00 to ship a 1" x 1" piece of aluminum). I Bought a new exhaust and never used it. 15.00 takes it (inc. shipping). For wr 400 426 and probably fits more.

• Hamish

Posted March 27, 2004 - 10:56 PM

if slow engine speed riding is all we are doing then leave the stock exhaust as is and go riding.

Bought the bike 2nd hand with a DSP factory full system. Very good top end, very good midrange, very LOUD and not much low end torque. Since I can make one of these things for free, I guess it's worth a try. Plan to do the JamesNow first though.

Hamish

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.