Looped my bike the second time taking it out!

3 replies to this topic
  • Desert_Storm

Posted March 26, 2004 - 04:00 PM

Hi :usa:
Back in November I looped my brand new WR450 going up this super steep hill that all of a sudden had a giant flat spot made by a rock. I wasn't used to my bike yet and the damn thing got away from me :). After it flew out of my hands, I jumped to the side and had to let go or it would have landed right on me :D. When I got it to the bottom of the hill, I noticed I bent the bars/brake lever/frame and put nasty scratches all over the fenders. I thought to myself, "well.. atleast now I don't have to worry about every little scratch and ding anymore, now I can ride like mad! :devil:" But now that dent that's the size of an accorn on the right of my frame is annoying the heck out of my. I know there's no way to pull it so I'm thinking of filling it in with something, but what? :D Do any of you out there know of some kind of bondo I can fill it in with? Some kind of strong putty-type junk? :D or any other method I can use to get rid of it? :usa:
Thanks again for all the help :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 27, 2004 - 03:44 PM

It is a Steel frame and should be OK. You can just ride it and it should be fine. You can strip it down to the frame and take it to a machine shop to repair it. Steel is very easy to repair. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted March 27, 2004 - 03:49 PM

I have used a steal filler putty on dings in the past. Hardware store should have it...

• Rattler88

Posted March 27, 2004 - 04:28 PM

Have a friend weld it up with a wire welder to fill it in,
then grind it and sand it so it looks right, then the fun
begins trying to mach the paint.

Good Luck Jerry :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.