WHAT IS BEST CHAIN AND SPROCKETS ?

5 replies to this topic
  • JetPilot

Posted March 26, 2004 - 09:14 AM

What is the best chain to use on my XR 600 R ? The area I ride in is covered in very fine dust and some sand also. I was looking at the DID X ring chain. I am looking for a chain that will last a long time with a minimum maintenance. Should I also get new sprockets also ? What kind of sprockets should I get ?

• TimBrp

Posted March 26, 2004 - 09:31 AM

Moose X-Ring chain and chromoly steel sprockets. Awesome in my opinion. :)

• big t

Posted March 26, 2004 - 09:34 AM

DID x-ring is great chain. Ironman sprockets are great but expensive. Primary Drive Sprockets are cheap but seem to get very good reviews. I have PD sprockets and DID x-ring chain on the 400. My rear sprocket on the 650 is PD and front is an Ironman.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted March 26, 2004 - 08:36 PM

Ironman sprockets and DID ERV2 chain. I have them on both my 650 and 450 with a staked master link - indestructible!

• irondude

Posted March 27, 2004 - 06:46 PM

I'm right there with Thumpdaddy...DID ERV2 and Ironman 15/47

• qadsan

Posted March 27, 2004 - 06:50 PM

DID ERV2 & Ironman = :D :D :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.