light?

2 replies to this topic
  • Dansgarage

Posted April 13, 2002 - 06:06 PM

I have a 2001 426 and I want to run a headlight on my bike. I don't want to have to pay the $500 plus for an aftermarket stator. I have seen some external stators but it looks like they add to the width of the motor on the left side. I have a fly wheel wight on my bike and I am not sure if everything would fit and I have already had to bend out my shift lever to make room for that mod. do any of you guys have a good line on what I could do. I have posted a stitch on the wr forum to see if any of those guys would trade me stators or if they knew a way to help me. thanks

[ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: Dansgarage ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto614

Posted April 14, 2002 - 03:33 AM

dansgarage,
moose offers a 45 watt lighting coil stator for the yz426 i have one on my '01 426 works pretty good but with the headlight and taillight it gets pretty dim at idle so maybe just a headlight would work better.the only draw back is you replace the whole stator and you have to cut the wires off of you good stock stator or make a new stator harness,i also have a flywheel weight and didn't want to throw it away by using the wr ignition,stator,flywheel,cdi,ect.i think it sells for $219 and i believe it's made by electrix,i think white brothers sells the same thing

good luck jeff

• PumpkinHumper

Posted April 14, 2002 - 06:56 AM

I just put a 45w electrex stator on my 99 yz400. I got it thru rocky mountain for $170. You can also get it directly thru electrex. as said above it dosn't put out much power. but its street legal, Elextrex also has a rewound 130w wr stator/flywheel assy for $300. elextrex has a web site. I like mine. Although I was a little nervous cutting my stator wires away from the backer plate.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.