Airbox mod wr 426

3 replies to this topic
  • Zoert

Posted March 26, 2004 - 01:28 AM

Hi there, I'm new here. :)
And I want to ask a question concerning a airbox mod wich I have in mind.
A friend of mine has a 450 WR. The ease of the sideopening airbox draw my attention.
Is there anybody who has done a Homejob making a removable airbox side cover on a '01 wr 426?
I'm pretty handy myself as I'm an engineer in the finemechanical industry. And being able to use a CNC milling machine aswell as conventional milling machinery and have some lath machinery at my feet as well.
Hope I didn't make anybody drewl and hope to see some replies of the guys who made something like that in order to get to a great idea.
Thanx in advance.
BTW I allready learned a bunch about free mods wich I'm gonna do all together.

Srry bout the crappy english as it is not my native language. (I'm from Holland)
Greetz Sjoerd

• yamaha.dude

Posted March 26, 2004 - 11:09 AM

Welcome to TT... :D

I don't know of anyone who has done the mod you are describing, but we would all love to see pictures of what you end up doing... :)

BTW, your English is great... there are some people on here whose first language is English and we cannot comprehend what they are saying sometimes...

Good luck,

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eurotrash

Posted March 27, 2004 - 09:45 AM

hoi zoert.
welkom bij thumpertalk :)

make sure you post photo's of this mod. i wanna do something too.

• Zoert

Posted March 29, 2004 - 07:32 AM

For sure I'll post pics and a short manual on how to..
I still have some jobs to do before I can start messing with my airbox.
BTW eurotrash these are the only dutch words you know?
Looks like you've you got some dutch friends.
Do you ride offraod aswell? Or just supermoto?
I've raced in the Dutch supermoto championship last year.
Turned out to be a little bit to expansive without any sponsors.
I raced a modified MuZ baghira. 61HP and 71Nm (rearwheel that is) This is what I'm missing from the little 426, bottom power.
Thanx for the reply I'll inform you on how it worked out for me.
Greets Sjoerd.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.