Applying pre-cut backgrounds

2 replies to this topic
  • Matt_W

Posted April 12, 2002 - 11:43 AM

I'm about to install some pre-cut backgrounds on my number plates. I believe I've seen some suggestions to spray windex or something on the number plate, and then install the backgrounds. This will allow the background to lay flat with not bubbles and then you have to push the windex out from under the sticker. Is this true, or is it something other than windex.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted April 12, 2002 - 12:00 PM

Yes it is Windex.

click here to see thread

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

• thumpsalad

Posted April 12, 2002 - 01:02 PM

Hey, I just got my free sticker application stuff from Jeff Bailey. Follow the link that skthom2320 put in in his post above and there's a post from this guy. I got a whole box of cool stuff for free! I will be trying it in the coming weeks when I get all my new plastic on!

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.