12 replies to this topic
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted April 12, 2002 - 10:08 AM

What kind of grips do you guys like to run. I ripped mine last weekend and need to get a new set. There are to many darn kinds out there and I didn't really like the ones I had.

• 98yz

Posted April 12, 2002 - 10:52 AM

Renthal Soft compound half waffles

• moto_madman

Posted April 12, 2002 - 11:14 AM

Renthal grips are my favorive. They wear a little fast but the feel is worth it. My stepfather uses Scotts. They have a pretty good feel dont tear, rip, or wear out very easily. Also, they dont burn up your hands if you use thin/soft gloves or you forget your gloves.

• SMP

Posted April 12, 2002 - 11:16 AM

I run the Renthal Mediums w/out waffles, my latest set have lasted a surprisingly long time.

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 12, 2002 - 11:21 AM

My Best Grip is regarding people who stop on a down hill

Man dont they realize I am out of Control :)

Ohhhh Grips Sooo Sorry

Juyst replaced my old worn out Scotts for some pro tapers.

So far they feel real good in the garage sitting on the bike going braaaaappppaaaa braappppppaaaa :D

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 12, 2002 - 11:33 AM

Ive been using the Scott half waffle with good results.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted April 12, 2002 - 02:00 PM

I love the Renthal 1/2 waffle medium compound. great for smaller hands.

• Bill

Posted April 12, 2002 - 02:29 PM

Renthal, soft, half-waffles, great wear, comfortable and as said, good for smaller hands.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 12, 2002 - 06:35 PM

FMF 909's with the diamond-shaped area in the palm are what I run- I love em!

• elroyona426

Posted April 12, 2002 - 07:02 PM

Guys, I'd keep checking up on the new ODI Lock-on grips. I'm not sure when they're going to be available but they are the best thing to come along in grips in a long time. if any of you are Mt. Bikers and use the ODI lock on's you know how cool and convinient these are. There was also a test on the prototypes in dirt rider I think. Basically they use a plastick tube with the grip (I saw a half waffle) bonded to it. The grip uses two collars that clamp onto the bars. The coolest thing is that you get a new throttle tube by default......and they are supposed to cost something like 12 or 13 bucks :)

• DethWshBkr

Posted April 13, 2002 - 06:29 AM

I am still on the same grips that came on my bike.

Domino grips. They are simillar to the renthal half waffle everyone said they use. Ther compound is a little tougher though. MSR racing has a set of half waffles exactly the same, except for the MSRracing logo in the diamond pattern. They are made by Domino.

• DPW

Posted April 13, 2002 - 11:05 AM

Pro-Tapers full waffle

• aftershock

Posted April 13, 2002 - 12:25 PM

I use pro grip super bike. I only recommend them if you have totally enclosed handguards. They are very soft almost gel like, they are very comfortable which = less hand fatigue :) I have about 500 hard miles and they still look like new. Just make sure to use safety wire in the groves to eliminate slippage in the rain :D Doug

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.