Aftermarket Rear Brake Lever.

No replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted March 25, 2004 - 03:01 AM

Looking for an aftermarket rear brake lever that I can modify. Anyone know of one? (preferably in Oz)
This is my problem... i lowered the brake lever as low as it will go as I want to lower the pegs (6'4" here). I did this at the same time as a rear pad change. The pedal feel was terrible.. very hard pedal with no feeling, then all of a sudden it locked up. I wrongly blamed the SBS sintered pads. Further investigation showed that by lowering the lever all the way it took the pivot point 'over centre'. So I need another brake lever I can modify for the correct height and geometry. I guess I can make a billet one, but t'd be easier to modify one to suit.I don't really want to modify the stock unit, I'd like to keep it for when I sell the bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.