Dubach's Bike test in MXA

24 replies to this topic
  • PMK

Posted April 16, 2002 - 04:05 PM

For what it's worth, I did the coil mod and no problems. I checked the primary value and it matched the stock 426 coil. The secondary was different but should not be a problem since it is not directly coupled to the CDI.

Motor started and ran fine.

The mod saved about 6 ounces on the elcheapo scale. It cleans up the area forward of the damper and permits easy access to set sag, not that you need to do it too often.

If you decide to do this consider the coil is easy to get, and about $75. The problem is getting the connecter for the coil. A Suzuki harness runs about $300. If anyone is interested I may part with a couple of coil/connecter setups.

PK

• dkcommando

Posted April 16, 2002 - 05:28 PM

PMK HOW MUCH FOR SUZY COIL?I WANT ONE IF YOU STILL HAVE ONE.IS $90 O.K.I NEED ONE BAD!!!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dansgarage

Posted April 16, 2002 - 11:35 PM

PMK-
I am interested in getting one. How much?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 17, 2002 - 01:31 PM

Raceman Spiff, they told you were it came from? Hmmm Im going to hunt one down online ---here fiche fiche

• MotoGreg

Posted April 26, 2002 - 03:12 PM

I was told the the Hayabusa has two different length coils. One size for cylinders 1 & 4 and another for 2 & 3. Anyone figure out which one fits yet?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.