FMF Powercore 4 SA question???

5 replies to this topic
  • dmxracing

Posted April 11, 2002 - 09:27 PM

Hello, I just bought a 00 426 that came with the FMF Powercore IV Spark Arrestor muffler. I am wondering if I can remove the spark arrestor screen and if this will change performance and make the bike louder since I only plan to ride on MX tracks??? Is the only difference between the Powercore IV SA and the regular Powercore IV the screen? I will have to re-rivet the muffler. Thanks...

• MOmilkman

Posted April 12, 2002 - 02:50 AM

You probably wont se a noticable difference in the loudness of the bike by removing the screen.

As for the differences in the pipes the only thing I remember is the SA is a bit longer than the non-SA.

• Glen_T

Posted April 12, 2002 - 04:39 AM

Hey DMX, is that the quiet FMF? If it is, I have a stock muffler and a WB E-series. I'd give you the choice of either one in trade for a quiet FMF! I love the WB, but it is loud. It makes good power though. The stock pipe seems to mellow things out a bit in the power and sound category. The WB is tuneable and if you like, you can run it wide open w\o disks.

Glen T.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmxracing

Posted April 12, 2002 - 09:12 PM

Sorry but it is not the Quiet muffler but just the Powercore IV SA model. I just got the bike so I want to make as much noise as I can. Hehe...

• Glen_T

Posted April 12, 2002 - 09:44 PM

Well, I thought it was worth a shot. Oh well, have a good time blowing others ear-drums as you roost by!!! :)

• cowboyona426

Posted April 14, 2002 - 06:49 AM

I also put the PowerCore IV SA on my 00 426. I needed the spark arrestor for riding off-road, and it made the bike louder too :) ! I think the threads for the end cap bolts are in the screen, so I don't think you'll be able to remove it. The screen doesn't affect the sound level, and it shouldn't make a difference on the mx track. SA's aren't required on mx tracks but having one shouldn't hurt you at all.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.